is a professional organization for individuals across private and public entities who work with, teach about, or are simply interested in Geography. We promote geographical research and provide an avenue for continued education in the larger community.
The 2022 Annual Meeting will be hosted by UNCG in March
The North Carolina Geographical Society's 2022 Annual Meeting will be hosted by the University of North Carolina at Greensboro on March 18. For people unable to attend in person, there will be a hybrid option as well. To register for the meeting visit the registration page; to submit an abstract go to the call for participation page.
The North Carolina Geographer
The NCGS would like to thank all authors who submitted to the most recent issue of The North Carolina Geographer. The newest issue offers research articles discussing and analyzing a variety of pertinent issues across the state of North Carolina. The following articles made this issue a success:
- Julia Cardwell, "Trends in Flood Insurance Behavior following Hurricanes in North Carolina"
- Timothy Mulrooney, Chris McGinn, Chibuike Madumere, and Byron Ifediora, "A Comprehensive Assessment and Evaluation of the Digital Geospatial Data Sources Used in the Study of Food Deserts and Food Swamps: A Case Study in North Carolina"
- Chris McGinn, Timothy Mulrooney, Rick-Kia Howard, and Tysean Wooten, "Proliferating Transportation-Related Careers through the National Summer Transportation Institute (NSTI)"
- Russell Smith and Richard G. Moye Jr., "Environmental Outcomes of Municipal Incorporation: Quantitative Analysis of Environmental Conditions in Incorporating Cities of Color and Majority White Municipalities"
Membership in the society provides you with a number of professional and networking opportunities, as well as:
- exclusive access to the North Carolina Geographer for one year;
- direct access to the archives of the North Carolina Geographer; and
- reduced rates for society events and workshops.
If you are not able to attend our annual meetings, you can still become a NCGS member.
The following positions are currently open for nominations or volunteers for 2021-2022. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else for a position or you have additional questions, please contact Jesse M. Lane at email@example.com.
Positions open for nominations:
- Social Media Editor
- Article reviewer for the NC Geographer
"Geography is a subject which holds the key to our future."Michael Palin